The information you will see on this page is a secular “bio” that is the world’s way of listing important highlights in someone’s career. More important than any of these listings is the simple truth of Dwight’s acceptance of Jesus Christ as his personal Savior when he was a teenager. He adopted Matthew 6:33 as his theme for life: “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” This is still the best indication of who Dwight seeks to be, and what he hopes to achieve in his life. By offering himself as a consultant; speaker; and author on Biblical issues relating to investors and advisors, he continues to work toward that goal.
Dwight completed more than 34 years as a financial adviser at Merrill Lynch, taking full retirement on August 3, 2005, having achieved the title of First Vice President, Investments and the CIMA designation. "Not a single client complaint during his entire tenure”.
- Honored as a member of the company's recognition clubs in 32 consecutive years.
- One of the first advisors to form a team to help meet client needs.
- Manager of a branch office for five years.
- Member of the financial advisors hall of fame at Merrill Lynch.
At the time of his retirement, the Short Melter Cox team had almost $600 million in client assets that were entrusted to them.
Other achievements of Dwight Short include:
- The development of the Triport Pyramid Asset Allocation System and introduction of this innovative tool to help clients assess the investment risks of their holdings as well as manage the balance of their investments.
- Involved in forming a Christian Community Foundation, named In His Steps Foundation (IHS) of which he is also active as the Chairman of the Investment Advisory Committee.
- He is a member of the National Association of Christian Financial Consultants, and it has been this association that has brought him to a greater awareness of the importance of Biblical Investing and Christian Financial Planning.
- Public speaking and seminar breakout speaker for NACFC and Kingdom Advisors
Experience in forming a team and creating a positive team attitude and environment were benchmarks of the early days of this aspect of Dwight's management capability. This could have been complicated later on as Dwight's son, Blair joined the team in 1996, and the integration of a family member with existing team members could have been a recipe for strife and disruption, but that did not happen. He has been able to share many of those ideals with other teams to avoid those problems and offers himself for consulting to teams who are facing those and other problems such as succession planning.
The information that appears on this page is not a solicitation to buy or sell any security.
Home | About Us | Ministries | Testimonials | Biblically Responsible Investing | Contact Us